Available for Sale – 30 Harris Street S.W.
Beautifully situated adjacent the South Saskatchewan river in the desirable Harlow neighborhood, this 3,064 square foot executive home provides ample living space and features some of the most state of the art flood mitigation measures available. It has been carefully crafted with modern architectural styling using an eclectic collection of cutting edge materials. Care and attention were given to every aspect of this home from its design elements, to its construction and material selections. This home has been rated to withstand 200-year floor levels without sustaining any notable damage.
4 bed | 2 1/2 bath
Main – 1110 square feet | Entry | Living | Kitchen | Pantry | Dining | Powder
Upper – 1954 square feet | Master | Ensuite | Family | Bed | Bed | Bed | Bath | Laundry | Mechanical
Crawl space – 1186 square feet
Design and Construction Details:
- The exterior is adorned in a modern looking blend of cedar, brick and acrylic stucco. All upper level decks have glass railing and low maintenance vinyl flooring. Throughout the exterior are 18 LED pot lights seamlessly mounted in the soffits. The grand front door is constructed of solid fibre-glass with eye-catching sidelight, Emtek handle and digital keypad.
- Central to the home is a grand staircase that showcases a sleek cherry wood post-less rail system and bordered by an impressive 20-foot tile wall.
- With beautiful front yard views through the large picture window, the main floor sitting room is both cozy and inviting. With ample seating room, you will surely enjoy many relaxing evenings in front of the six-foot linear electric fireplace, enjoying a glass of wine and entertaining family and friends.
- The heart of this home is the chef’s kitchen with upgraded flat panel cherry cabinetry, character filled polished granite countertops, prep sink, commercial grade stainless steel appliances, and floor to ceiling windows. The upgraded custom cabinetry has slow close hardware, dovetail joint wooden boxes with spice pullouts, garbage/recycling drawers and abundant storage. This kitchen also features a spacious walk-in panty with solid shelving storage solutions. Additional design details include a metal tile backsplash and modern light fixtures.
- With flawless views of the native backyard, the dining room has ample space to host large family gatherings with the added ambiance of a unique cross angled, stone clad electric fireplace and TV wall.
- Quality tile flooring flows throughout the main level, ensuring endless durability.
- The upper floor houses all of the private spaces a family could want with 4 bedrooms, large family room, wet bar and laundry room.
- The large master bedroom features gorgeous designer pendant lighting and access to one of the homes two upper level decks. This bedroom has a dream walk-in closet with custom storage shelving, drawers and rods.
- An added feature of the master suite is the bright ensuite with dual sink vanity, quartz counters, tile floors and a custom tile shower with combination rain head and hand spray wand, storage niche, bench and frameless glass enclosure.
- Natural daylight cascade into the second floor hallway which leads to the comfortable family room with space to host any family gathering. Served by a wet bar, this room is built around a beautiful curved media center that is reminiscent of the nearby river. Vaulted ceilings visually enlarge the space completing the luxurious atmosphere.
- A second upper floor linear deck can be accessed from the family room which offers unparalleled views of the river.
- All three of the guest bedrooms are generous in size, with one being perfectly converted to a functional workout space with large wall mirror.
- The upper floor guest bath has the same fit and finishing as the rest of the home with cherry cabinetry, quartz counters, tile flooring and a six-foot soaker tub with padded head rest and sun tunnel.
- Finishing off the upper floor is a practical laundry room with storage cabinetry.
- Custom Hunter Douglas window coverings included throughout the home.
- All interior doors are eight foot solid core with Euro Style Emtek hardware.
- Functional storage solutions can be found throughout the home including the walk-in front coat room, linen closets and a spacious garage mezzanine. All storage and bedroom closets have custom solid shelving organizers.
- With over 1,000 square feet, the oversized three car garage has capacity to hold an additional automobile if desired. This finished space has T5 fluorescent lighting, radiant heating, and Elite series insulated (R16) garage doors with wall mount jack shaft operators and keypad. The garage is also home to the electrical panel, sprinkler controls and central vacuum cannister. For the shoe lover in the family, a full height shoe shelf is located on the landing into the house.
- As an added bonus, all stair landings into the mezzanine, crawl space and home entry have carpeted stairways.
- With its unique flood-proof design, this home has a spacious crawl space area perfect for playing a little indoor ball hockey, tinkering with a favorite hobby or simply a great place for additional storage. Other than its above ground door access from the garage, it has no other access points, which protects it from any potential flood damage.
- The back of the home features a covered lounging deck with rock planters that transition to a large exposed concrete patio. It also has beautifully natural landscaping with mature Lodgepole pine trees, underground sprinklers, and charming 8′ x 12′ garden house with insulated, heated and powered playhouse above.
- In accordance with its flood proof rating, all of the mechanical equipment is located on the main and upper levels. This heating system is comprised of two Carrier Infinity variable stage furnaces. Each furnace serves one of the floors, adding to the efficiency of the home and allowing for precise independent temperature control for each of the two levels. Hot water is supplied by a next generation super-efficient Navien tankless water heater with hot water recirculation, meaning that hot water is supplied when you want it and for as long as needed while saving you gas and water utility costs when hot water is not required. There is also a heat recovery ventilator and General Aire Spray type humidifier.
- As a custom Brost built home, air-tightness is a priority and as such, this home was constructed with the highest attention to detail, regardless of it being visible or not.
- To minimize heat transfer, triple glazed, dual low E, argon filled metal clad windows were installed.
This home was the recipient of a CHBA Medicine Hat Awards of Excellence Best Kitchen award.
If you would like additional information or to schedule a showing, please contact us!
*Note: Please click on images below to view full size*