(Note: some of the commentary below is an excerpt from the BILD Alberta website)
Wondering about getting the best possible value for your home-buying money? Concerned about making the right choices for you and your family? Not sure how to find the right builder? Worried about getting the quality and service you want?
When you are thinking about buying a new home, it’s a good idea to turn to a CHBA builder member.
- Membership in the CHBA is a strong indication that a new home builder is a professional, dedicated to the business of home building, committed to customer satisfaction and in business for the long term.
- Membership in the Association is voluntary. Members agree to the CHBA’s Code of Ethics, which is based on principles of fairness, integrity and consumer satisfaction.
- Being a professional new home builder means constant learning. Through the CHBA, members can keep up to date on technological advances, regulations, products and materials, financing, design and so on, in short, what they need to know to provide home buyers with the best and latest in the marketplace.
- Home building is teamwork that takes the skills, expertise and cooperation of many suppliers and trades. Builders who belong to the CHBA have ready access to a network of professional companies and individuals providing services to the residential construction industry.
- Managing a successful home building business means understanding what’s going on in the community, and how it might affect the industry and consumers. Association members have access to a wide range of information to keep them informed and up-to-date on important issues. They also have opportunities to meet and work with local decision-makers.
At Brost, we are strong supporters of the Canadian Home Builders Association and have had active roles since our local chapter was established in 2008. Various individuals in our organization have held the following position:
- Board member: Gerhard Brost 2008-2012
- Secretary-treasurer: Sherry Brost 2012-2018
- President: Chad Davidson 2014
- Vice-president: Aaron Brost 2018-present
Our company understands the responsibility for keeping our industry growing and embracing new building techniques, materials and accommodating for environmental impacts. As such, Aaron Brost currently sits on the BILD Alberta Technical & Safety Council and Sherry Brost is a member of the BILD Alberta Policy & Regulation Governance Council. We don’t want to be followers in our industry, we CHOOSE to be leaders.