Why Choose a Custom Home Builder?
Thinking of changing homes but not sure whether to purchase an existing new home, one in process or start from scratch with a custom home builder? We invite you to read this article written by Leonard A Simmons on the benefits of choosing a custom home builder.
A custom home builder is not only your contractor but your property acquisition guide, your design advisor, your permitting specialist, your environmental specialist and so much more. If you want to have the home of your dreams that is designed and constructed with the needs of you and your family in mind there is no substitution for a quality custom home builder.
Buying a new home can be a stressful and time consuming process and also an exercise in frustration when every home you view is lacking in one area or another. You grow weary of looking at homes or the plans for them, and immediately begin to add up in your mind the additional costs for improvements or extras. Once you do, you may realize that the area or property is lacking or has issues which need costly remediation.
Once you consult with a custom home builder it becomes obvious that you can have not only exactly what you are looking for, but even more than you were aware you needed. The custom home builder has the resources to design your home around your lifestyle, your taste and the needs of you and your family. When you hire a custom home designer you receive services that make the process of building easier than buying an existing home. The builder will aid you in:
• Locating and acquiring an ideal lot in an area that is perfect for you and the family
• Consulting with you and designing a home that is suited to all your needs. You may desire a large dream kitchen, a great room with a massive stone fireplace, a master bath spa, a media room, and a deck. He may suggest, in lieu of the deck an entire outdoor living area with a fire pit, built in grill and smoker after learning of your passion for the outdoors
• Permitting. The custom home builder will know his way through the permitting maze for every city and municipality in the region and be familiar with all the zoning laws
• Environmental issues. The custom home builder will be familiar with all the new environmental restrictions and disposal requirements
• Materials. Being able to by the finest material at the best prices is another benefit to hiring an experienced quality home builder
• Financing and mortgage assistance. Your experience home builder will be of great assistance in helping to obtain financing for your project. Years of building has acquainted the contractor with the best lenders in the industry
When you have considered all the advantages of building a home that is designed around you, and it is time to select a custom home builder there are certain criteria to use in making that selection:
• Select a company with years of experience in the region that you wish to live
• Be sure that they have a stellar rating with the Better Business Bureau in your area and can provide a long list of verifiable, satisfied references
• They are an award winning home builder. This shows that they take great pride in doing quality work
• They have an excellent reputation with the local building inspectors and building departments. This will aid in a smooth and timely project
When your custom home builder is chosen and you are ready for your first pre-construction consultation it is important to compose a list of pertinent information regarding what you need and desire in your new home. Many people will tell the builder they have three children but do not talk of their plans for more. They forget to say that the wife is an avid gardener or the mother in law is moving in. The builder will ask a lot of questions but he cannot be expected to ask them all. Communication with your builder is paramount and there is no such thing as too much information when planning a custom built home.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6675742
At Brost, we do understand all of the factors affecting your house build….environmental, logistics, financing, efficiencies and much more. When you choose Brost, we guarantee a depth of knowledge and experience that will help make your home building experience as rewarding as possible. We have a team of professionals here to help you with one of the biggest investments of your life. Does exploring the custom home building process interest you? Contact our team at Brost, we’d love to chat.